Code of Conduct
- Students should focus in sessions, be enthusiastic, committed and interested in learning.
- Students should act in a respectful and supportive manner to staff and fellow students at all times.
- Students should support, encourage and work sensibly with fellow students at all times.
- Students are the responsibility of the teacher when in session, during class time only.
- If something is not understood, students should ask a member of staff who would be happy to spend time explaining.
- Parents and Students should inform teachers of any injury or illness prior to the beginning of class.
- Students should inform the teacher immediately if they are injured or fall ill during a session.
- Students are expected to attend and participate in class when possible.
- Teachers at Galway Youth Musical Theatre are always happy to discuss any queries parents may have. However, to make the best use of the student’s class time we would ask that you contact us outside of class hours.
- It is advised that friends do not accompany students to class to observe. We cannot be responsible for children and teens that are not registered participants of GYMT.
- Galway Youth Musical Theatre is not responsible for lost or stolen articles.
If an injury occurs while on the premises, it is understood and agreed that Galway Youth Musical Theatre will not be legally liable or held financially responsible in any way.
Rules of the Space
- Students are expected to appear in appropriate attire for class.
- No food or drink except bottled water should be brought into the space.
- Eating in the studio and chewing gum during class is not allowed.
- Mobile phones should be switched off or left on ‘silent’ mode during class.
- No videos should be taken during class time.
- Students are expected to arrive on time for class.
- Students are expected to focus and pay attention to the Teachers instruction and keep talking to a minimum.
- Students must treat the premises, and the possessions of all other students with respect, care and consideration.
- Students understand that there is a zero-tolerance bulling policy at
Galway Youth Musical Theatre performers behaving inappropriately will be removed from the dance class and parents will be involved.